5 thoughts on “News”

  1. History’s Largest Manhunt With Premature 1996 Conclusion May Resume 27 Years Later

    Overwhelming Evidence of Innocence of Convicted Child Rapist and Killer Now a Major Civil Rights Violation Case

    Polly Klaas

    A complaint was filed with the Marin County Municipal Court, February 7, 2020, rejected by the court clerk in violation of the law with no appeals process. The attempt was to litigate against San Quentin State Prison for extensive civil rights violations against Richard Allen Davis. Davis was convicted of kidnapping, committing lewd acts on, and killing 12-year-old Polly Hannah Klaas in 1996 for crimes alleged in the Fall of 1993 in Sonoma County, CA. The complaints allege Davis was attacked three times in prison. In one incident a witness named Barry Dukes of Oakland, CA, admitted he and several other inmates were ordered by San Quentin guards to physically pummel and try to kill Davis, who was shackled down. He attempted suicide in prison numerous times, with illegal drugs likely given to him by staff with no prior conjugal visits. He was forced many times to take oxytocin against his will, denied his right to phone calls, not allowed to answer five letters after a year, his inmate number taken down from the https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/ and the prison was shut down to non-lawyers right after a press release about the likelihood of Polly still being alive, and John Mark Karr as the possible accomplice the FBI admitted they were looking for in a sex slave trafficking crime, possibly forced by law enforcement officials.

    New evidence shows the alleged body of Polly Klaas did not match her DNA. A 1994 federal autopsy in Norfolk, VA, according to an unnamed female FBI agent, made this claim to Davis’ attorney. The deputy public defender Barry Collins in 1996 explained Davis’ DNA was not found on the corpse either. Four thousand volunteers, helicopters, and Air Force SR-71 flyovers could not find what would have been a conspicuous above-ground burial site south of Cloverdale, CA, after 2 months of searching. The only evidence presented to the 1996 jury of Davis’ culpability of murder was his confession, but Sergeant Mike Meese of the Petaluma Police Department later admitted he beat Davis into a confession in a June 1, 2009 California State Supreme Court death penalty appeal (broadcast on The John and Ken Show, KFI Radio, Los Angeles, CA on June 2, 2009), under the orders of Chief Dennis Dewitt. Meese died 5 months later in November of 2009 at age 55 with no first name or listed cause of death in Press Democrat obituary, and Dewitt also died November of 2009 at age 65 of leukemia. Two North Bay journalists Harry Martin and Robert Kennedy, who collaborated on an article about 25 unanswered questions about the Polly Klaas case died soon after this reporter’s e-mail releases on this case in 2014. None of the four men had death certificates. The family members for Meese, Dewitt, and Kennedy refused to talk about it, the Kennedy’s would block my Facebook messenger or hang up. Former Petaluma Police Department mechanic Bob Lewis disappeared in 2006 after citing conspiracies in several interviews going back to 2001, the “beginning and end” of John Mark Karr important media appearances. There was testimony of a Petaluma Police officer in the San Jose, CA court for Davis’ 1996 trial. When asked by deputy public defender Barry Collins, “I understand you and your partner were seen by witnesses pulling Mr. Davis in his Ford Pinto over, ordered him and Polly out of the car, then ordered them back into the car and sent them on their way?”. The response was, “That’s impossible, our radio didn’t work to receive the kidnapping report”. This spurned Lewis’ interest. It led to him telling a Texas journalist, “That is a lie”, as his electric technician verified the morning of the kidnapping all the radios worked. Lewis was then arrested in Texas and sent to a federal jail the next day, and released the following day.

    The girl friend of Rick Davis (Samantha Spiegel) had been reported missing for 2 months (December 2019, and January 2020) after complaining about being stalked with uniformed and plain clothed peace officers barging into her San Francisco home without warrants, during which time this reporter communicated with her from Austin, TX. In 2017 she claimed she was detained in Colorado by the NSA with no charges or cause, injected with a needle and almost suffocated with a pillow. She said she was in Colorado to interview media sources about her relationships with John Mark Karr and Richard Allen Davis.

    An expert pathologist testified in late 1993 that the south of Cloverdale corpse, a skeleton with very little tissue, no lower jaw, hands, or entrails, with a mutilated skull and missing or damaged upper teeth one foot from the neck, was too badly decomposed for a body on the ground under wood, trash, and bushes for a worst-case-scenario 9 weeks in cool fall temperatures. The site was an abandoned lumber mill, like most all of greater Cloverdale, and most all went out of business 5 years earlier, 1988, with no wood, trash, or bushes when investigated a day later by this reporter, December 5, 1993, mostly dirt, a dry shallow tributary, and green grass. The claim by police was that the body was found 100 feet west of Highway 101, and the land increases in grade upward away from the highway, where an uncovered body or even a burial mound would have been seen by cars passing by.

    After the DNA came up negative for Polly for the federal Norfolk, VA autopsy in early 1994, though undisclosed until December of 2018, the alleged remains for Polly were cremated, cast out to sea (a decision of the legal guardian mother. The Nichols and Klaases always bury their dead according to Sam Spiegel’s research, and quickly became wealthy enough to be able to afford a burial after the search ended), the field south of Cloverdale was bulldozed with flowers planted, and then all future pre-trial hearings and appeals for Davis were closed to the public, family, and the media. The FBI, US Air Force, and Sonoma County Public Defender are all mentioned in the lawsuit proposals as being guilty of not complying with transparency laws. Almost all records regarding this case were destroyed. Marriage, divorce, and arrest records for the Klaases and Nichols were inaccessible, no ability to look up their ancestry, and ancestry records are available for about 95% of the population.

    Davis was in a witness protection program in the 1970’s with no record of pedophilia, unlike thousands of cases of those convicted of child kidnap, rape, and murder investigated by this reporter, who all had prior charges of possession of child porn or inappropriately touching a child. There was only one report of violence for Davis, said to have thrown a hot poker at a nurse. He was one of very few released for good time-half-time for long sentences, a 16-year sentence reduced to 8 years, extricated in late June of 1993 to the Turning Point Halfway House in San Mateo County. There were parole officer visits every week until late August, which then ended. He then violated parole by leaving the county for Petaluma about 50 miles to the north. Not only was a warrant not issued for his arrest, but his status was knocked down from high risk to low risk just after the kidnapping, according to public defender Barry Collins talking to reporters outside the courtroom. He gave this information to journalists after his closing argument, but not to the jury, in Davis’ 1996 trial.

    According to SoCool.com in a 2005 article by Robert Kennedy with Harry Martin as the source, the father, Marc Klaas, claimed to get a phone call from his daughter sometime after the kidnapping, traced to a house in Angwin, CA, but the police refused to investigate, calling it a hoax. A father should recognize the voice and verbal patterns of his 12-year-old daughter. The stepfather, Alan Nichol, also confirmed that the call was traced to the same Angwin house where Polly gave information asking her father Marc to come pick her up. Nichol, because of lack of cooperation from police, asked the Napa Sentinel to intervene, a story they had not covered up until that time, but were unable to investigate the Angwin house. There was another call by a girl to the Petaluma house when Marc’s brother answered the phone, claiming to be Polly, but it proved to be a hoax when traced to a home in Hayward, in the San Francisco east bay.

    Davis entered Polly’s house around 10:30 PM, October 1, 1993 (there was a full moon that night) and the two slumber party friends Kate McLean and Gillian Pelham awoke Polly’s mother Eve, who called 911 at 11:04 PM. The Petaluma Police Department Chief Dennis Dewitt and the Sonoma County Sheriff dispatcher refused to put out an All-Points-Bulletin (which goes to channel 1 for Sonoma County and a state computer database, though calls automatically go out to channel 2 for Petaluma PD with walkie-talkies, with 46 officers at the time). The two slumber party friends had pillow cases placed on their heads by Davis, hands restrained with nylons behind their backs, and told to count to one thousand. They were able to free themselves right after Davis, after grabbing Polly and heard crying, exited with her out the front door. They identified his Ford Pinto, according to a New York Times article. The Sonoma County Sheriff dispatcher told the reporters, “We did not want the media and the public with scanners to find out what happened.”

    Court reports dictate Davis was pulled over by the police twice that night, once by Petaluma Police, and Sonoma County Sheriff deputies Rankin and Howard. They failed to place their intercepting of Davis in their police logs, but later admitted to talking to Davis an hour after the 10:30-11:00 PM kidnapping 30 miles to the north in a suburb of Santa Rosa (Oakmont/Kenwood area, Pythian Road), according to the Tri Valley Herald (Pleasanton, CA). Davis crashed his Pinto into an embankment near Naomi Knock’s driveway, and first claimed to deputies he was site-seeing when it was pitch dark, wearing no shirt. Firstly, they said they did not do a background check, later they said they did but it took too long, even though they had access to both the national crime records database and the state teletype database that should not both bottle-neck separately. The deputies claimed he was drinking from a beer can outside the vehicle, and they told him to put it down. Later, the FBI reported the beer can was inside the vehicle and they told him to remove it. There was no field sobriety test, no open container violation issued, and then the deputies endangered themselves and their squad car by using a borrowed chain from a neighbor Bill Rivas to help tow Davis’ car out of the embankment and send a man who had been drinking on his way. It is standard procedure to have the driver tow his car at his expense, and the vehicle was worth more than the tow at the time.

    The search for Polly was the biggest manhunt in history with 54 million copies of her poster sent nationwide and major International newspaper, TV and radio media exposure. The reaction to the alleged body of Polly found south of Cloverdale on December 4, 1993 lead to Three-Strikes-You’re-Out, first proposed in 1988, being passed in almost every state, the Crime Bill of 1996, for large increase in funding for salaries, healthcare, and pensions for those already in the criminal justice system, and many laws passed as the biggest reaction to a crime in history. These were old ideas, including attempts to build many new prisons, and Three-Strikes-You’re-Out was previously turned down by the Sacramento legislature after numerous attempts, the previous one just before Davis violated parole.

    One report (Wikipedia) suggests Davis was arrested at the Coyote Valley Indian Reservation north of Ukiah, CA, Mendocino County, on November 30, 1993. There is another report by The Los Angeles Times Davis was arrested at his sister’s rented Ukiah house (Darlene Schwarm, and her husband Dick Schwarm, with their children and Richard living with them) or at a police check point in Ukiah, common to inspect drivers for drunk driving (according to an FBI Youtube video) for a parole violation, not appearing in court after an October 19, 1993 DUI arrest, and/or suspicion of being Polly’s kidnapper. Davis was identified in a lineup by the two slumber party friends, with his palm print matching impressions left on a door casing, bed post, and/or mirror in Polly’s bedroom. Two of his hair fibers were found in a rug in Polly’s bedroom with his DNA. Davis was held in a Ukiah jail for 4 days. He asked numerous times for a lawyer but was refused one. When asking a question, “If I plead guilty, can I get life in prison?”, not an admission of guilt, the lawyer option was taken off the table, leading to more harsh interrogation tactics and a beating-confession. The was a second news listener from Sonoma County (a Facebook commenter) who heard about the beating as well.

    The potential lawsuit will allege Davis could not get a fair trial for these reasons and the chicanery of his future deputy defender Barry Collins and his Chief Defender, who said on national TV Davis was “encouraged to plead guilty and accept the death penalty”. The mother, Eve Nichol, is mentioned by this reporter as a suspect in conspiracy to kidnap against her daughter. When Davis entered the Petaluma house in front through an open window, according to one report the girls said he exclaimed, “You’re not supposed to be here, who lives here?” This was said to be true as the mother came home early for a slumber party prepared at the last minute when she was supposed to be at a meeting at her studio until late that night, the only person with an opportunity and motive to tip-off the kidnappers. Polly called her father right after being given permission for what was her very first slumber party, excited and saying, “I finally got my first slumber party”. The father replied, “Great honey”. The mother Eve was knocked out asleep after taking sleeping pills at 8 PM, with the understanding there will be three unsupervised 12-year-old girls awake and partying all night. She opened the front window, with the possibility the girls in their nightgown would catch cold later and not be able to reach for the window and close it. She returned to her bedroom, possibly a closed door where she could not benefit from the cool ventilation from the living room open window. She slept with her 6-year-old daughter Annie, Polly’s half-sister, in the same bed, fairly old to be sleeping with the mother. The decision to come home early may have been for Eve to guarantee the kidnapper would have easy access to Polly with witnesses. Polly was raised to be alert by leaving windows closed and doors locked without answering the door to strangers, very leary of “the bad man” she feared might one day take her, and hated being in the dark. The arrangement of the slumber party, timed the way it was, meant two vulnerable 12-year-old witnesses could guarantee a large manhunt, rare with the many children who disappear with no described suspects as abductors. Davis, typical of what happens to drug or sex slave trafficking mules, could be caught and used as a scapegoat, or at least to justify a manhunt to help Petaluma Police Department win publicity, with a composite sketch that bears little resemblance to Davis, when he is American Indian and dark in appearance, not white and blonde, and no mention of details of his tattoos, much less common in 1993. But there were many obvious efforts by law enforcement to make sure he, and certainly Polly, were never found.

    Eve was smiling at Polly’s “funeral” in December of 1993 and seemed happy and bubbly in an early 1994 “Good Morning America” interview. She rarely does interviews, unlike Marc Klaas, but is on the board of directors for three children’s charities, starting with the original Polly Klaas Foundation. The PKF has maintained as policy since 1994 they just want to “collect money to pass new laws and force the government to enforce them”, a very different angle than what other missing and exploited children organizations are known for. Marc Klaas started Klaas Kids in 1994 and was fired by the Polly Klaas Foundation in 1995 for that reason, conflict of interest. The founder and executive director, Gary Kinsley, who founded the PKF right after the $200,000 reward for Polly’s was offered by the actress Winona Ryder to find Polly alive, was responsible in making the decision to fire Marc. All other missing and exploited children organizations this reporter has investigated are founded by a parent after the child is found dead or the search is called off. Kinsley would often admonish Klaas for being too multi-faceted in trying to leave Polly legacies and not working exclusively as a lobbyist for criminal justice, and quits soon after firing him, without giving a reason. The PKF has had many changes in executive directors. Most tax-exempt foundations [501 (c) (3)] have the same founder and executive director for decades. The PKF averaged $500,000 per year in donations and the crime rate and waste of criminal justice system dollars because of their efforts has gotten much worse.

    The Nichols were not doing well financially in a bad 1993 economy. Polly was close to her father, but did not get along with her stepfather or mother, the byproduct of a bitter 1983 divorce when she was two years old. Polly was active in drama, art classes, the band, swimming lessons, martial arts, many school programs, and possibly too expensive for Eve to retain. The Nichols and Klaases made millions of dollars off the myth of what happened to their daughter, with 5 foundations total and the proceeds of Winona Ryder’s money from her role in the movie Little Women. Ryder was asked to offer an unprecedented $200,000 for a kidnap victim for the safe return of Polly ($1 million before that, but discouraged by Petaluma PD) and may have been targeted by the conspirators before the kidnapping, being famous and a well-known former Petaluma resident. Petaluma police officers McCallister and Birer, who this reporter believes planted a corpse not that of Polly Klaas south of Cloverdale, CA, were the people who tried to collect the reward placed in a trust with the city of Petaluma, according the the Tri Valley Herald. Chief Dennis Dewitt, crying at a press conference after the discovery of Polly’s alleged remains, with what appeared to be over-hyped alligator tears, was interviewed by the TV press the next day, saying with shifty eyes, “We thought this was a child custody dispute and would clear up the next day”. Marc Klaas did pass a poly-graph test for his possible involvement, no resemblance to Davis or the remanufactured composite sketch. The Klaases and Nichols were moved from low rent district Petaluma to high rent district Sausalito after the kidnapping. Eve then moved around 2018 to the even more luxurious Pebble Beach, where her parents once lived, later after her husband Alan and daughter Annie left her when I challenged them with my allegations. According to a woman in a Facebook exchange, Eve Nichol was deputized as an undercover cop and overheard by neighbors engaged in numerous in-person visits by police over the years. According to an attorney for Richard Allen Davis, Marc Klaas was investigated for federal drug charges and may have been forced to show undying support for the police to avoid jail time as a police advocate, as they are often forced to be informants.

    When confronted by Davis’ girlfriend, prompted by this reporter before a phone call to San Quentin, as to whether or not John Mark Karr was the man he was seen with by residents behind Polly’s house looking into Polly’s bedroom before the kidnapping, Davis, who is usually punctual, was silent for 4 seconds, then interrupted by the San Quentin intercom right after he began to speak. After the interruption ended, he said, “All I know is I want nothing to do with John Mark Karr”. In a 2007 interview Davis threatened to kill Karr, six years after his cell was evacuated when Karr claimed he sent him letters from his Petaluma home. Karr was arrested in August of 2001 for alleged possession of child pornography. San Quentin officials claimed they could not find the letters. The father Wexford Karr said he was detained as a suspect in the killing of JonBenet Ramsey. His $100,000 bail was then rescinded without explanation by lead spokesperson Joan Risse of the Sonoma County DA’s office, leading to Karr’s escape to southeast Asia. He confessed to killing JonBenet Ramsey in August of 2006 in Bangkok, Thailand, extradited to Boulder, CO, where he was aquitted, then extradited back to Santa Rosa, CA, where aquitted of child pornography possession charges and for fleeing the country before his conviction. These reports were found in the Press Democrat.

    Barry Collins was contacted three times in October of 2018 and told there will be attempts to subpoena the Ford Pinto to extract more evidence. Immediately afterward, Davis was asked by the Petaluma Police Department for the first time in 25 years for his proof of ownership (pink slip) for the vehicle. He refused to release it.

    See The People versus Richard Allen Davis for 1996 court transcript (San Jose, CA). The Superior Court Judge Thomas C. Hastings (sent from Santa Rosa, with deputy public defender and deputy district attorney Collins and Jacobs respectively) began the trial in April and ended it in June, unusually short for a kidnap-child-molestation-first-degree-murder trial, which are often nine to fifteen months long, with the death sentence issued in August. There was no dental record analysis, no DNA reports or positive identification for the victim, only an audio confession taken down recently from Youtube, as well as the original FBI documentary on the case.

    1. Jeanne Boylan, the sketch artist for drawing the composite sketch of Richard Allen Davis, was approached with questions about conflicts between Davis’ actual appearance and the sketch. Why was he shown and reported as white when he is Indian and white? He was seen in the house by Kate and Gillian with a bandana around his head, pony tail, large mustache with handle bars, and a scraggly beard. The sketch shows him with well groomed hair and beard, and thinner mustache. Once more, his arms were heavily tattooed, at a time when tattoos were less common, with features and art work easily recognizable, but not reported. Boylan would not respond with a reply.

  2. The day Polly was kidnapped was October 1, 1993, the day the new fiscal year begins, and it was announced the federal government lost money for the forth year in a row. It is also a date when many laws are enacted federally and at the state level. The anti-stalking law, the first of its kind, was enacted federally that day. Davis was sentenced to death based on the premises he stalked Polly, living in the park across the street from her house the previous 3 weeks. This was considered pre-meditation. There was never a decision like this in a U.S. court until this time, the trial against Davis in 1996.

  3. Jonathan Kennedy, son of Robert Kennedy, sole proprietor and webmaster for the Sonoma County, CA news site “SoCool.com”, established in 1996, was recently approached, with cc:’s to police and related foundations, with the following similar message:

    I am a private investigator assigned to the Polly Klaas case and appeals for Richard Allen Davis.

    I noticed the page on “25 nagging unanswered questions about the death of Polly Klaas” from 2005 was redirected to a pharmaceutical page recently. Your father and Harry Martin have obituaries but no visible death certificates, dying soon after I released press releases on this subject going back to the Fall of 2013. The 25 questions page is backed up by Google Sites and their competition, now visible.

    The reply by Marc Klaas was removed from the Google Sites backup. This includes his statement, “these questions are all easily answered as I was at every court hearing”. Many others, not just Martin, knew the pre-trial hearings and appeals were all closed to the public and family members just after the federal autopsy, leading quickly to the cremation and casting out to sea of Polly’s alleged remains, and the bulldozing and planting of flowers of south of Cloverdale field soon after, where autopsy and jury members admitted there were missing body parts, .

    Please let me know if you can help me with this investigation. The public authorities, for obvious reasons, are not cooperative, as I want to offer a journalist a copyright for this story to expand coverage to the world court of opinion.


    Here is that article before it too is deleted:

    25 Questions ?…. A Must Read! The Polly Klass Murder

    Google Translate My Page

    Harry Martin is a local journalist … not “local” in Sonoma County … but right next door in Napa. Harry may not be the only “true” journalist in the “North Bay” … but … he is certainly the most dynamic. Harry finds out stuff. Where he finds it and how … I’m not sure … but I do know that Harry gets phones calls … makes a few … sends EMail … publishes the highly readable Napa Sentinel weekly … and now publishes just a smidgeon of some of his nationally significant material on the INTERNET. I’m not sure I’m capable of being a judge of every thing Harry has to say …. but … the people of Napa sure get a good look at him …. good enough they elected him to their Board of Supervisors. Harry seems to get his fingers and himself into a lot of pies …. and he generally comes out a winner.
    Here is a slightly condensed version of Harry’s Cover Article from the Napa Sentinel
    25 Questions that have not been answered in Richard Allen Davis trial.

    The purpose of the article was not to answer any questions … but to combine questions asked by Frank Spierling, author of “Who Killed Polly Klaas ?”, with questions asked by the family, the news media, and law enforcement. According to the article, none of these questions have been answered at the trial:

    Under the California Law Enforcement Teletype System and the National Crime Information Center, any person on parole for felony convictions is listed. When Richard Allen Davis was questioned on Pythian Road and a check was run on him, the claim is that no information was printed out on any warrants or his priors or his parole status. How is this possible ?
    Davis was drinking beer and driving a vehicle in the presence of officers, he also claimed he was sightseeing in the pitch dark when accused of trespassing. An officer admitted leaving this information out of his report on Davis. Why no citation or arrest or further questioning ?
    What was the motive for Polly’s kidnapping and why did Davis ask “Who lives here?”
    Who was the man seen on the back porch of Polly’s house talking to Richard Allen Davis just prior to the kidnapping?
    Why did 18 F.B.I. officers show up at the scene within five hours of the kidnapping when the policy generally is that they will not enter the case until after 24 hours and usually with one or two agents only ?
    Why did Davis say to the three girls in Polly[‘s house that “no one else was supposed to be there” especially Polly’s mother ? Polly’s mother was originally scheduled to be at her business that night.
    Why were pretrial hearings closed to the Press, the public and the family ?
    Why didn’t the family identify Polly’s body ?
    Davis claims he took Polly at random. Why would he care which girl “lives here” ?
    If, on the following morning, it struck Dana Jaffe ( as stated on Prime time Live ) and her neighbor, Bill Rivas, that Davis might have been the kidnapper, why didn’t it occur to deputies Rankin and Howard, the two deputies who pulled Davis over that night ?
    Why has Polly’s family from the beginning believed Davis did not work alone?
    What did Judge Dale mean when he said, ” This case leaves many gnawing questions. Among them are when and how Polly died and whether she was still alive when two Sheriff’s deputies questioned Davis shortly after the kidnapping” ?
    Why does Polly’s father and grandfather believe Polly was handed over to someone else prior to the time Davis was discovered trespassing near Oakmont ?
    Was Polly transferred to a blue van and flowin into Angwin ?
    Why was Davis not arrested earlier when law enforcement officials knew about his whereabouts for almost a month or more ?
    And what ties exist between the 1994 kidnapping of Katie Romanek and the 1993 kidnapping of Polly Klaas ? The kidnappings had similarities – both girls were taken from their home, both victims were the same age, both crimes involved ex-convicts with long criminal records and both suspects were described as having heavily tattooed arms. And both kidnappers asked “Who lives here ?” and neither left any ransom note.
    Why did Davis’ first public defender claim the body was planted and expert testimony was given that the corpse would not have decomposed so quickly at the temperature of the site ?
    Why did the Coroner not perform the autopsy until a Federal expert, who had been in Bosnia, return to do the autopsy ?
    How were dental records checked on the body when the jaw bone was missing and part of the skull was missing ?
    Why were the entrails of the corpse missing ?
    If Davis confessed to strangling Polly why was the body so badly mutilated ?
    Polly was in Napa a month prior to her kidnapping ? Davis was identified by residents of G Street near Jefferson a month prior to Polly’s kidnaping allegedly stalking Napa High School students but at the same time Polly was in Napa.
    Why did Polly’s step father call the Napa Sentinel ( which had not published any articles at the time ) and ask if Polly might be held in Angwin ?
    And what or who is Midnight Sterling in the San Diego area ?
    Why didn’t the authorities ever acknowledge that there might have been an accomplice ? The tenant in the back of the Klaas house gave a description of a clean-shaven man peering into the back door ?
    Harry may know more than he’s telling …. huh Harry ? … or YOU may have a question/answer or two … if so …. send
    them EMail Subject: Polly Klaas. We’ll do our best to keep each other informed

    P.S. Those e-mail addresses once existed in this article, but bounced back when I tested them.

  4. San Quentin Prison would not give a reason in December of 2018 why they shut down the prison (no visitors allowed, but they would play the “visitors must depart” intercom announcement every minute or two when Spiegel and I were talking to Davis by phone, interrupting us 4 seconds after Spiegel asked Davis the question, “Was that John Mark Karr you wee seen with looking into Polly’s bedroom just before the kidnapping?” and he tried to talk. Davis was always punctual before and after. The prison was shut down the previous month right after I blasted a “Polly may still be alive” manifesto and it was then Davis’ inmate number was removed to cause the prisons and courts to refuse access to him and other information, even refusal to take a court complaint for Habeas Corpus violations in violations of the law from a woman, after first refusing to give out her name, Cathi Lardner, pre-COVID-19, saying, “I can’t help you… get a lawyer”. There may have been intimidation tactics against several law firms I contacted since then, who were at first cooperative, then changed their minds later. By law, only a docketing judge can say “yes” or “no” to a complaint, the appeal failed, and even a presiding judge can prematurely dismiss a case.

    Davis’ father Robert died in 1992 just before his son’s release from prison where all 5 children were denied since then access to his $5 million estate in La Honda, with no attempt by the Klaas or Nichol family to sue Davis for wrongful death. A similar but more infamous case at about the same time, O.J. Simpson, resulted in the family members winning a civil judgment even though Simpson was found “not guilty” in the criminal trial.

    About 10 newspaper reports I read going back to December of 1993 dictated that Davis violated parole when leaving San Mateo County, starting with departure from the Turning Point “Halfway House” in the city of San Mateo (near his La Honda childhood home, also in San Mateo County) when in fact two articles I later discovered dictated it was actually a homeless shelter, with a turn-over of 100 people a day, mandatory departure of inhabitants from morning until evening, no supervision of individual inhabitants other than visits to Davis by parole officers every week from the time he was released from prison in late June, 1993, until late August, 1993 (according to the “Tri Valley Herald”) and then they stopped checking. His status, according to Deputy Public Defender Barry Collins, was knocked down from high risk to low risk right after the October 1, 1993 kidnapping. Collins said this right after the closing phase of Davis’ 1996 trial to reporters outside of the courtroom, not allowed to tell the jury that. It is not a crime to no longer reside at one place when on parole, but it is when you leave the county and a warrant should have been issued for his arrest. The many interceptions by police with Davis until indicted in December of 1993 (remember, the police would not give out his name or mug shot after arrest and “confession”. A week after the alleged confession and famous James Harwood (FBI) speech, it was a reporter who asked police “Is it Richard Allen Davis?”, and the police looked horrified, stalled, and then agreed when a sheriff deputy said, “That is the man we have in custody”.

    The social worker who supervised the Turning Point Homeless Shelter, Chris Sutherland (called “Shelter Network”, they also have a unit in Sunnybrae), was on maternity leave after Davis checked in where she found his data in a database when investigated by the FBI. The FBI, by claiming it was a halfway house, tried to mislead the public as halfway houses charge rent, homeless shelters don’t, Davis was a chronic alcoholic with no discipline or money for treatment through halfway houses, and halfway houses usually have a small fraction of residents compared to homeless shelters, with better background checks, daily and sometimes hourly supervision, meetings, etc., who would have reported him gone after he lost his job in late August, 1993, and took a bus to Ukiah to use the money he saved to buy a white 1979 Ford Pinto from his brother-in-law, the car he used to kidnap Polly. In the Fall of 2018, after three failed replies by Collins to cooperate with information when I asked if I could subpoena the Ford Pinto, the Petaluma Police department then asked Davis, for the first time in 25 years, for the pink slip for the Pinto, he refused.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *